Give / Donate
Financial gifts are the most flexible way to support Spero Center and every gift is much appreciated! We recognize the sacrifices people make to participate in the cause of saving lives. Therefore, we treat every gift given as a sacred trust, meaning, we never take any donation, large or small, lightly. We prayerfully and responsibly use every dollar given, recognizing that it is not our money, but God’s, and to be used for His purposes – serving women (and men) in difficult situations, offering hope, healing, and a new life! Your charitable donation provides the resources and tools necessary to fight for the lives of preborn children and their parents.
We rely entirely on donations from friends (individuals and churches). We are 501(c)3 non-political, non-profit, tax-exempt Christian medical and educational ministry staffed mostly by volunteers.
Click Here to Save the Life of a Baby
Ways to Give:
- One-Time Gift – One-time gifts of any amount enable Spero to continue providing all our services at NO COST. We do not benefit from a client’s pregnancy decision, nor do we receive government money. All of our income comes from individuals, churches and businesses that believe in what we do.
- Monthly Pledge – Monthly pledges are the backbone of financial support for Spero. Knowing what to expect each month helps us to budget, plan for the future and meet unexpected expenses. You can send a check each month, donate online, or set up automatic bill payments so you don’t even have to think about it.
- Event Sponsorship – This is a great way for local businesses to support a cause while also receiving advertising for their business. Whether it’s underwriting our annual banquet or sponsoring one of our smaller events, your business will be thanked and acknowledged for your support and customers will be encouraged to patronize your business. For more information, contact our Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate to our Baby Boutique. Please see a list of most needed items here.
- If you have Baby items to Donate:
Drop off at our North (alley) entrance M-TH 10-4, ring the doorbell, please.
- NEW Baby clothes up to size 2T, Baby Toiletries: wipes, powder, lotion, diaper rash ointment, etc.
- Strollers, activity mats, bassinets, etc.
- Car Seats – MUST be NEW, in box
- Diapers (boxed please) – sizes preemie thru size 6 (we always need more size 5 & 6)
- Portable Highchairs
- Please see our updated list of appropriate items here- Items Accepted and Not Accepted
- Please visit Amazon WishList here if you need any other ideas- www.amazon-wishlist.com
- If you have Baby items to Donate:
- Legacy Gift – We all think about how we will be remembered after we’re gone. We want to make a difference in the world that’s lasting and impactful. One way of doing that is with a Legacy Gift. By including Spero in your will or estate plan, you will not only be remembered for your generosity, you will be helping future generations of preborn children have a chance at life. How great is that? Find out more about EMCF (Eastern Michigan Christian Foundation).
- Other: Churches Mission Boards often agree to give an annual or monthly amount. Will YOU introduce us to your church?
- Passive Giving – “Passive” giving lets you contribute to Spero while doing your everyday shopping and activities. While these programs do not require a cash contribution, each seemingly small contribution adds up in a big way to benefit Spero’s mission. We participate in many passive giving programs, designed to support our efforts with minimal effort on your part. Learn More here…
For more ways of creative giving or to get started, call the clinic office at (810) 985-GIFT or email Jennifer at email@example.com.
What’s YOUR Story? A Donor Shares His Heart
“I was a father at a very young age, and now my son is the most amazing young man.”
Michelle and Aaron Hulett have been longtime supporters of the Eastern Michigan Christian Foundation. Their faith and values are the driver for their support of that organization and through the EMCF, they are able to support Spero Center as well. They believe that life matters, all life, especially the unborn.
“I have been and always will be a very strong supporter of human rights. This includes women’s rights and especially the rights, of unborn babies, who don’t get a say in the matter.”
“I was 19 years old when my son was born. Let’s just say there was a lot of pressure for abortion.
Many said I was too young, others said it just wouldn’t work out and the right thing to do was not have this baby. My girlfriend and I knew that abortion was never an option.
Today my son is 27 years old and he’s the most amazing young man. I couldn’t imagine what life would be like without him. I thank God often that we were able to not give in to the personal & social pressure, that we were burdened under at the time.”
Donor’s Bill of Rights
To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from the mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.