Statement of Faith
Every board member, employee, and volunteer shall affirm their agreement with the Articles 13, 14, 15, 16 of the Bylaws and shall conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent therewith. This shall be a prerequisite and continual condition, for holding these positions.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His likeness. Human Life is of immeasurable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. Abortion is a violation of the sixth commandment. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ex. 20:13; Psalms 51:5, 139:13-18; Romans 13:9)
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the policies and beliefs of the Pregnancy Center.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11.)
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female upon conception. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.)
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10.)
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of the Center as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the Center members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by the Center in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, or Board Members, agree to and abide by the by-laws including this paragraph regarding Marriage and Human Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22.)
- We believe that God is a Person who has revealed Himself as a Trinity in unity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit – three Persons and yet but one God. (Duet. 6:4; Matt 28:19; Acts 5:3-4; I Cor. 8:6)
- We believe in the verbal inspiration, inerrancy, and authority of the Scriptures. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and that He is both true God and true man, apart from sin. (Matt 1:18-25; Isaiah 7:14; John 1:14; Phil. 2:6-11)
- We believe in the literal, bodily resurrection of the crucified Lord, His ascension into Heaven, His present life there as our High Priest and Advocate. (Matt. 28:1-10; John 20:24-29; Acts 1:9-11; I Cor. 15:1-4; Heb. 4:14-16)
- We believe that man was created perfect, in the image and likeness of God, but voluntarily sinned and fell from his sinless state. As a result, all men are sinners and hopelessly lost, apart from the grace of God. (Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23, 5:12; Ephesians 2:1)
- We believe that salvation is received by grace alone through faith in the substitutionary death and shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. The conditions to salvation are repentance and faith. (Acts 4:12, 20:21; Romans 1:16; Eph.2:8-9; I Peter 1:18-19, 3:18)
- We believe that every true believer, born of the Spirit, can have full assurance of salvation and eternally secure in Christ. (John 3:5-6, 10:28-29; I John 5:12-13)
- We believe that every believer is called to a holy life, should belong to a Bible-believing local church for fellowship and for the furtherance of the Gospel. (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8; Heb. 10:25; I Pet. 1:15-16)
- We believe in the imminent return of the Lord, which is the blessed hope of the Church. (Matt. 24:21, 29-30, 25:31; I Thess. 1:10, 4:13-18; Titus 2:13)
- We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost. (Matt. 25:46; Rev. 20:11-15, 21:1-6)
- The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Peter 1:19-21)
For purposes of Spero’s faith, policy, practice, and discipline, our Board of Directors is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and interpretation. Therefore, it is the final rule of belief and conduct over the life of the believer and actions within the ministry.
NOTE – In stating our position, we do not intend to detract from the sincerity or Christian character of any who might not totally agree with us. It is our policy that all staff, peer counselors, center workers, and members of the Board of Directors of Spero agree in word and deed with our position while serving at, or for, the Center.