Commitment of Care
The standards detailed below were developed through the collaborative efforts of Care Net, Heartbeat International and the National Institute for Family and Life Advocates (NIFLA). These national organizations each provide valuable leadership for Pregnancy Centers. As a pregnancy help medical center affiliated with all three organizations, and as representatives of our Lord Jesus Christ, we are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of care in serving those to whom we are called to minister.
Commitment of Care and Competence
Issued 2008, Reaffirmed 8.2013, Reviewed 2018
- Clients are served without regard to age, income, nationality, race, creed, color, religious affiliation, disability, marital status, or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions. We are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communications are truthful and honest, and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a Board of Directors, and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical services are provided in accordance with applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
- All of our staff and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.