Financial gifts are the most flexible way to support Spero Center and every gift is much appreciated! We recognize the sacrifices people make to participate in the cause of saving lives. Therefore, we treat every gift given as a sacred trust, meaning, we never take any donation, large or small, lightly. We prayerfully and responsibly use every dollar given, recognizing that it is not our money, but God’s, and to be used for His purposes – serving women (and men) in difficult situations, offering hope, healing, and a new life! Your charitable donation provides the resources and tools necessary to fight for the lives of preborn children and their parents.
We rely entirely on donations from friends (individuals and churches). We are 501(c)3 non-political, non-profit, tax-exempt Christian medical and educational ministry staffed mostly by volunteers.
Donor’s Bill of Rights
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from the mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.